Wednesday, September 28, 2011

do it anyway ~ the Heathen ~ christopagan

Did I say how much I love my spiritual life ☺ ? how I love and embrace my witchy self.
I won't make this a long post but just sort of wanted to post words of encouragement for those who may also have a strong belief and may feel you are persecuted , shunned perhaps mocked for it.
 The paradoxical commandments by Kent M. Kieth so loved by Mother Teresa came into my mind yet again.
To be ones self we must be prepared to do it anyway ☺
To have the inner strength to perhaps follow a path less traveled but a very ancient path non the less .
those who follow my other blogs know already my spiritual self pretty much .
Spirituality is a never ending voyage .
To be a Heathen ~ a common person ~ christo pagan etc. is what I am finding is all I can be to remain whole .
I also have found such support here online by many soul felt friends .
 I have also had some very hate felt people write to me when I would share my nature base spiritual practices.
This at times would send me into a slump. Although knowing one is not evil nor bad believing is often a different state which is from the heart not just the mind .
I must say at times my response is to retreat to feel badly and in the process only cause damage to myself.
I have seen and felt this hate from christian and pagan peoples for in the end a hate felt heart is merely a reflection of who that person is not their religion or culture .
For myself being christopagan is the belief that the divine has manifested ~ revealed self to all peoples .
Here lies true balance . well centered . in the middle .
All meets in One .
I just can't believe in faeries and not Jesus .
Believe in Jesus and not Kali .
There are quite a few books & websites on christopaganism .
I see there are many Christo pagans all over the world be they Aztec, Cree or Roma .
I find we are living in a selfish time where people want to separate and segregate others .
People wish to label others as not pagan or not truly christian .
Are we not all given the gift to accept that Creator is capable of manifesting to each individual at any given time in any form .All that is asked is that one be open .
There are many cultures where the religious practice was to take on the gods/goddess of other cultures conquered etc. is it not so that many accepted Jesus just as they accepted any other god .
There many people the Druids who do this , Lakota , Mayan etc.
some do not believe Jesus was/ is a god and that's okay just as many do not believe in the Sidhe .
Honestly there is one thing we all are given and that is the gift of belief . to freely believe or not believe .
A few yrs ago I attended a pagan gathering , it was strange to be in a group of all pagans and to hear the main topic of discussion on how they are all persecuted and victims by those nasty christians lol !
they were no different than a right wing fanatical christian group who say Jesus hates you.
 I realize that we will at times face persecution throughout our lives what is important is how we respond .
maybe 23 yrs ago I had a friend who said she was a witch , she was mocked by others some of whom are now pagan or so called witches. you see she had the strength to be whom she was when no one else around her was . She was being true to self. Don't get me wrong some of us have a hard time coming open unless having the group support to back us up yet some follow just because it is the cool thing at the moment .
About 15 yrs ago I was asked to join a circle of women , wiccan women . I went once but I never considered myself wiccan . I felt much more at home with aboriginal culture etc. brought up with . I also saw the 3 friends of mine doing this all hated men and it was in fact what they used wicca for was to support their hatred of men rather than getting counsel for the abuse suffered by people who just happened to be male .
To this day these women are not healed and very controlling and hate felt towards men . all the men in their lives are those who can be manipulated and abused .
So of all my friends who claim to be witches I truly feel there is only one because she is truly herself she does not use her religion to be cool , to hide pain etc. rather it helps her deal with any suffering that comes up in a real and true way .
I guess I feel so blessed to always have had such great strong women in my life to encourage my spiritual growth be it my grandmother , friends or role models like Jeannine Parvati Baker or
 Susun Weed true goddesses themselves ☺
I think how my grandmother called herself a christian yet she also is the one who instilled the beleif of faery , gnomes and such in me .
How many christian witches were tortured & killed .
I look back in history and how certain saints had they been born a hundred yrs. later would've been declared witch !
 I have a third nipple & a mongolian birth mark as 3 of our children also do . I think if it were 300 yrs ago those hate felt people writing me now may in fact be capable of doing a lot more sinister things to myself , friends and family !
You know I joined project pagan enough a few yrs back . I was so excited about it a project to encourage the pagan community not to judge each other on if one is pagan enough or not .Just like within muslim or christian communities the pagan community is full of this .
Then came the post ! Bashing the christian witch ! yes Lol ! the same people who began project pagan enough had a whole post dedicated to saying how the chirtian witch was not pagan enough !
I thought to myself who do they think passed on many of these pagan customs , beliefs in the first place no doubt in my mind many a tradition & knowledge was passed down by christian cunning folk  witches etc. !
What is wrong with the world when we have the time to label each other not good enough not catholic or pagan enough ?
Honestly there are so many homeless people need our help at soup kitchens , volunteers needed for breakfast and after school programs . Help exploited children instead of being vengeful to someone who is just trying to find their way along a spiritual path .
I thought of the catholic lady who told me encouraging others in a religion other than a christian one is sinful & blasphemy . well Mother Teresa did it all the time encouraging mosques & temples to be built . attending ceremony at other places of worship , she had new age personal consultants etc.
 she did it anyway !
I also forgot to mention that I joined a christianpagan fellowship group on fb and it is so amazingly supportive . So many really beautiful people there and I'm so grateful to have that community right now .
 so I encourage you read your bible , use your tarot , pray the triple goddess rosary or the marian one .
Be open to what is given and the humility and strength to be real .


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I followed you over from Tereza's blog, I heart the Goddess. I wanted to say a personal hi....My real name is also Roxanne and I often sign off as Rox. Glad to meet another one of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, SophiaDawn! Looks like a party here on Rox's blog! LOL!

    I came over too after reading your kind comments, Rox, and found your PM post . . . it was awesome!

    I really enjoyed this post too! You said it well!

    Blessed Be,
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete