Friday, September 23, 2011

Practically Magic Party


So are You ready ?!! Yes it's time for that wonderful Practical Magic blog party again this year .
I am posting tomorrow night as well but thought I post now some of my Mabon getting ready for day photos to give you a taste .
I am planning to start the morning off with cactus shaped pancakes for our guys .I couldn't do it today as we've no butter and who can have pancakes without butter ! not us !
Around 7pm I plan to start watching the movie and sorry but I am a morning witch lol so the chances of my having midnight margaritas is very slim. I also cannot drink alcohol as I'm very allergic to some types so I'll be making mine virgin that way the kids can have some too.
So what did I do today ?
lets see .
First off I slept in ! Then as always I had a morning fire .


For Mabon I am keeping the fire lit all day and night .
I then as I usually do on spring & autumn equinox prepared to bless & cleanse the home & yard .

First I sweep out all that is old , cobwebs ,any unwanted energy etc.


I then go around house & yard with holy water , salt & oil to bless, purify and protect .

Then I took an Autumn smudge

added an ember from the fire & used ds15 eagle feather

and proceeded to smudge the house & yard I like to ask the Great Spirit to help us to be true to self and help guide us to live a healthy life .
did I mention we have a 3 storey home so by the time I was at this 3rd stage of house cleansing I was hot so changed my shirt lol

I also lay out my indoor altar

and outdoor altar

isn't it so beautiful ☺
salt is placed in little tiny cups on all the windowsills & mint hangs beside each doorway .
I think we are ready for the winter ahead .
Often on this day I would do an activit with the kids lik make corn dollies or herbal brooms but they are feeling to old to do crafts with their momma right now so I'll leave the crafting to me .
So I am thinking for tonight to have a harvest feast of ham , parsnips & sweet potato
I also did a beautiful magic prayer candle but will save that for tomorrow I don't want to give it all away in one shot .
I hope your homes will also be blessed with true abundance today as you celebrate in your own traditions on this feast of Mabon .



15 comments:

  1. Your feast made me hungry! Email me some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outdoor altar, it really is beautiful!

    cassandra
    http://monkeycstars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful post....and your outdoor altar is magical!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Practical Magic Post. Your altar is beautiful.

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to do a cleansing, I didn't realize you could do them during the day! I've been putting it off (and this house sorely needs it as I swear it is under a water curse) cause our ground is un even, and I walk with a cane, so walking around the perimeter of the house in the dark, is not a good plan for me. if it is good to do during daylight hours then it is cool!

    thanks for sharing all of your wonderful day!
    Happy Mabon!
    BB,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful outdoor altar!!

    Thank you for sharing your post with all of us to celebrate!

    Cheers!
    LuLu Kellogg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mabon to you too !!!
    Love your post. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Have a magical day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your outdoor alter is wonderful. Thank you for sharing. Please visit my alters:
    momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved it all - you daily fire, your alters, and your loving preparations for the coming season. Thank you so much for sharing it! Hope you can stop by my enchanted oven for some PM cookies.
    Magical hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I am visiting form the Practical Magic Blog party. :D Thank-you for sharing your traditions with us!

    Blessings!
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post!! I came from the party!! Thank you for sharing!

    SAndi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the two altars you created -- thanks for sharing those great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post, love your altars and the information about your rituals.

    frith
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your utdoor altar! Wonderful post!!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Meanderings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for a lovely post. It was great watching you get ready for Mabon. Your altars are beautiful, both indoor and out. Thank you so much for sharing and for being a part of this year's party. Have a beautiful October :)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete