Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fullmoon Crescent Moon Cookies


These cookies worked out great !
I also posted the ginger beer recipe on our healthy living blog
However I used the cookies for my dedication ritual for our dd so thought I post the cookie recipe here on my spiritual blog .
I am trying a few recipes from The Wicca Cookbook and they are good.
I do wish I'd known corned beef was so extremely salty though I would've soaked it and dumped the first batch of water out .
any way the cookies turned out wonderful


Fullmoon Crescent Moon Cookies
1c butter or marg softened
1 1/4c granulated sugar
1 egg optional
2 tsp grated lemon peel
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/3c flour
1 1/2c ground walnuts
1 tsp vanilla or peppermint extract

icing
2c sifted icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2  water or lemon juice

preheat oven 375

in large bowl cream butter and sugar til fluffy
I beat in one egg which was not in the recipe , add vanilla .


I just rolled out the walnuts on a cutting board to crush them .
although the cookies are good I will use almonds next time as I prefer them to walnuts .


sift flour into bowl and add salt , walnuts & lemon peel
stir flour mixture into butter mixture . I did find it to soft so added almost 1c more flour but this may have been because of the egg .
place cookie dough in bag and let chill in fridge for a few hrs .
when ready roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick and cut with cookie cutter and knife if making crescent moons .


place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8-10min . the smaller cookies were ready at 6 min though so just check before a full 8 min are up .
Let cool then ice with frosting
to make frosting just sift icing sugar and beat in lemon juice or water . I find boiled water much better then just cold water . frost cookies and let icing set .


They really are delicious . I prefer the uniced ones myself use the ginger beer as your ale in a fullmoon ritual , yum yum ☺

2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering how these would taste at the office?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I bet they'd be a nice break ☺ although are work places now like school , no nuts allowed ?

    ReplyDelete